Following My Yellow Brick Road...

<>There's no place like home...

"Despite the familiarity of life in Kansas, Dorothy
wondered what life offered beyond the bounds of her
experience—she wondered what was "over the rainbow." "
"Often, a person has to reach some sort of impasse in their
life to spur them to begin their own spiritual journey.
We must face the challenges of the spiritual journey, much
like Dorothy confronted her own demons
("lions and tigers and bears, oh my!"). "

Very soon I'm leaving my warm, sunny little farm
 in "Kansas" to head to a dungeon of iceicles.
Why?
Beacuse I'm following my own yellow brick road.
And rather than trying to see what's over the raindbow,
I'm in search of my own. I think to have my own rainbow
I would be content.

So I'm traveling down my yellow brick road!
I'm sure there will be Lions, And Tigers, And Bears
 (Oh my!) Along the way... but I'm ready for them.
And what does Lion number one look like?

SNOW.
Cold, BELOW Freezing, wet, white, fluffy,
(Maybe slushy) SNOW.
As opposed to....
My HOT, dry, dusty, cactus filled, barren desert.

It will be QUITE the change for me.
The weather change I will be experiencing should
count as 4 lions.

My Tigers...
Goodbye friends....
50 Tigers.

My bears....

I'm going to miss these people VERY VERY MUCH!


And.....


OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





It's enough to make anyone dislike wild animals.

My family has been wonderful I'm going to miss sundays
when everyone gathers at the house and we have dinner
together and gawk at my amazing little nephew tommy.
I'm going to miss my grandma and her sweet little self
making me clean up after dinner. I'm going to miss Ryan
and Katie and how much they adore each other. I'm going
to miss Katies chocolate pie. And Ryan playing with tommy.
 I''m going to miss my yiddlest boy Tommy. I'm going to miss
him giving me kisses and trying to play wiht my phone and the
 other millions of adorable things he does. I'm goign to miss
my brudder and his girlfriend and how sick their love makes me.
I'm going to miss my little brother, who is such a good kid.
I'm going to miss picking on him, and watchign him flex to
show off his muscles. I'm going to miss my daddy.
 I'm going to miss the accute attention he pays to whether
 or not chores are really done. (ok that's a lie i wont miss that.)
But I will miss his goofyness. And his falcon tips. And i'll miss
 his example of being a hard worker. And last but not least I
 will miss my momma. I will miss her hugs. I will miss all her
help and her good advice.
Missing them will be that giant grizzly bear from the Disney
movie "the fox and the hound".

Scary I know.


But amidst the ferocious trials I'm going to face in leaving...
 I will be one step closer to my rainbow.

So February 26th I'm heading off. I'm gonna need a killer
pair of red heels for this advetnure. SHOPPING TIME!!!!
:) Wish me luck.



Both Quotes taken from http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=56&Itemid=69

5 comments:

  1. Oh Hannah! I love you! You will do wonderful in Idaho, but I am going to miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie you are the best!!! I LOVE you blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hannah! I love yours too! You are super strong and can make it through ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah you will do great!! You are so sweet and I love you to death!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seriously cracks me up every time I read it.

    Love, your sister

    ReplyDelete