How I Feel About My Parents: A Public, Official, Statement.

My parents are brave. SO so brave.
I think the only thing comparable to having a nightmare is watching someone else go through one. There is only so much that one can do to save someone who is falling of a cliff. If the person falling doesn't make enough effort to help themselves, it's unlikely they will make it back up, even with the help of others. And those who help have to be careful so that they aren't pulled over as well.
That's what I think of when it comes to my parents. I was falling off a cliff and they were trying to save me. Those two resorted to every solution they thought possible. To not give them credit for that is heartless. I think there were times I tried my best to get back up from falling, but maybe those were the times my parents needed to take a rest from pulling me up. The timing between efforts just never seemed to work out. 
But I know they tried. I know my parents LOVE me. More than I will ever, ever know. They are brave for sticking around as long as they have. They are amazing. And I LOVE THEM.
After my pregnancy became public news, I heard there were people who really treated my parents badly about it. I cannot explain how much that hurt. My choice that led to becoming pregnant was MY CHOICE. From the very beginning. It was not fair that my parents were blamed.
There of course have been things I didn't like. Ways of parenting that I would do differently. BUT... who cares. People are always going to have different ideas and views. It does not make anyone’s more correct than any others.
My mother is a strong, amazing woman. I cannot convey he amount of times that her inspiring words have helped me to make a good choice, when I otherwise would not have.
My Dad is a hard worker. He keeps the memories in my mind of childhood colorful because of his goofy ways.
They are amazing people. And I just want everyone to know this is what I think of them.
I love you Mom and Dad. FOREVER.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, This is a wonderful blog about your parents. They are great people and I know they love you so very very much, treat them good, they deserve it.
    Thanks for sharing
    Teresa Stradling

    ReplyDelete